Meet your host,
2 days, 3 nights
What to expect
You don’t need a firearms licence or any previous experience. Learn about firearms safety, shoot a target and maybe even try your luck at hunting a truly wild deer or pig with no pressure on individuals to do anything they don’t feel comfortable with.
There are no age restrictions however you need to be able and willing to walk up and down some hills. Your guide will cater the challenges to your capabilities and encourage you to build self-confidence and strengthen your parent/child relationship. No cell or internet reception.
Basic meals, accommodation and hunting equipment provided.
- Sleeping bag and bathroom towell (options to hire these items)
- Snacks and drinks
- Insect repellent (for sand-flies and mosquitos)
- Hiking boots (preferably with gaiters)
- Hiking style “active” wear.
- Warm clothing layers including beanie and gloves
- Weather proof jacket and over trousers
- Sun protection including sunscreen
- Cap or hat
- Headlamp and spare batteries
- Soap and other personal effects
- Hiking pack
- Day pack
- End-of-day liquid refreshments
Availability and Prices
View available start dates on the calendar, select the number of people in your party, when you spot a date that works, click Book Now.
Please note: Parent and Child Bush Experiences are available on request. We will confirm availability within the shortest possible time after we receive your order.
- 3 days, 2 nights $1450 for one super parent and one adventure kid
- One addition adventure child $300
- Additional non-hunting adults $250 per person
- Additional non-hunting child $150 per person
- Guided hiking options for non-hunters – available at extra charge
- Trip extensions per night – $500 for 1 parent/1 child, $100 per non-hunting adult, $75 per non-hunting child
Animal Kill Fees
If you decide to take an animal, kill fees apply; $250 per non-trophy red deer, (wild pig $100, red stag $1000, chamois $2000).
Helicopter available at extra charge for high country drop off, for the back pack hunting to be mostly downhill, price on application.
All prices in $NZ including GST (tax).
Sign up to our newsletter
We'll keep you updated on Island Hills Station news and special offers.
Island Hills, 1612 Tekoa Road, Culverden 7392